Hey, y’all! I’m Brandi, and I’m so excited you’ve stumbled across my blog! Blogging is a new adventure for me and one that I am so excited to get started! After resigning from my job teaching high school chemistry, I craved a way to engage with other moms and encourage them in their everyday lives. Lots of prayer led to God opening the door for The Sincere Mama–a place where I can connect with moms in an honest and raw way. To help you get to know the mama behind the screen, here are a few fun facts about me!
- I love Jesus, my husband, and our 3 year old daughter. Those are the top priorities in my life and motivate me to be the best me I can be. Everything I do comes back to these three!
- My husband and I shared our very first kiss at the altar on our wedding day (I know, I know. You’re probably thinking who are these crazy people?!) and I was his first kiss ever. Yep, that’s right! WHY you might be asking? I’ll be sharing more about this in an upcoming post!
- I taught high school chemistry for 10 years until resigning this past fall to stay at home with our daughter. My degree was in chemistry & psychology, and then I went on to get my Masters in School Counseling. I loved teaching and working with students, but I really enjoy spending more time with my own kiddo and getting to teach and learn with her. I fully believe I am exactly where God called me to be in this season of life.
- I don’t like coffee. Yep, you read that right! I really like the smell, but dude, it’s so nasty! My husband has tried making me all kinds of different concoctions and it’s just a no go. Give me a Coke or cup of hot tea with honey any day!
- I grew up in Ohio, but I’m a die-hard Michigan Wolverine fan (and alumna!). Forever, go BLUE!
- I really enjoy reading. When I was younger, I would get grounded from my books until I did my chores LOL! In 2018, I got back into the habit and read 32 books. My goal this year is 52, but we’ll see! I find that if I have an e-book on my phone, I spend much less time mindlessly scrolling through Instagram 😉
- Brush hand-lettering is one of my favorite hobbies. I received a set of brush markers as a gift and have found it to be a really relaxing hobby. I will say though, it is so much harder than it looks!!
Those are just a few things about me and I hope you’ll subscribe and get to know our family even better over the coming months. The last thing I want to leave you with is why I decided on the name, The Sincere Mama. To me, sincere means to be honest, straightforward, and kind. It also means that I don’t want to sugarcoat things. Motherhood is AMAZING. But man, does it have hard days, too. I want to meet you where you are; share encouragement (and a reminder that you’re not alone) on the hard days and rejoice with you on the days that are great. Every day isn’t perfect, but there are definitely perfect moments each day when we choose to look for them. My goal in this space is to sincerely share my own walk through motherhood. I hope and pray that it is an encouragement to you!